Registering as unemployed - but how does it work?


When can I register as unemployed?

  • - If you are already unemployed or know the day on which your unemployment will start.
  • - If your main residence is in Austria.

How can I register as unemployed?

  • You can register as unemployed in person at the Public Employment Service Austria (AMS). If you live in Vienna and are under 25, the AMS is responsible for you at Lehrbachgasse 18, 1120. U25 Vienna " AMS Youth Vienna | AMS
  • By telephone on 050 904 440
  • You can also register as unemployed via the eAMS account if you already have one.

You can find more information under: Register as unemployed " this is how it works | AMS

When do I get unemployment benefit?

  • When you register as unemployed, you do not automatically receive unemployment benefit.
  • You have to file a separate application. You can do this in person at the AMS or via the eAMS account. You can also send the form by post.
  • If you are under 25, you have to have worked for at least 26 weeks in the last year to get unemployment benefit.
  • If you receive unemployment benefit, you are also covered by social security.

What information do I have to provide for the application?

  • First and last name
  • National insurance number
  • Telephone number, email address
  • Full address
  • Last job and when it ended or will end.

Registering as unemployed can be a big step. It is best to get support. We are happy to advise you.

Teile mich auf



Hey hey! Du hast Fragen zu einem Thema oder willst einfach mal genauer wissen, was wir für dich tun können? Hier findest du alle Möglichkeiten uns zu kontaktieren.

01 7894545 anrufen
Mail schreiben
Chattermin buchen